Thursday, October 14, 2021

BLONDIES BACK




 Hello friends!  Just wanted to let you know I'm alive and well.  I visit all of your blogs so often, but rarely leave comments as you might come back to my blog and there has been nothing written since maybe February?  I have no intention to give up blogging...it has always been cathartic for me.  I remember when I wrote such funny posts about great days.  Even not so great days.  And of course, I still have them but what a challenging year this has been.


I still have problems with loading pics, so here is a summer pic.  Happy!  I'm busy and not busy.  I spent so much time flat on my back until I could have my back surgery.  Covid vaccines and availability of hospital space dragged it on until the end of May.  I was off my back for several weeks before the surgery and then after.  No pity party here.  I've bounced back finally in the last few weeks, walking Poppy about a mile a day and clocking an average of 8000 to 12,000 steps a day according to my Fitbit.  Housework and chasing after grandkidlets will do that for you!


Before the surgery and definitely after, I declared I hated cooking.  No more.  No desire.  I was sore and tired and we subsisted on grilled cheese and cereal for dinner.  Oh, yes, frozen dinners which The Husband thought were genius.  He can't fry an egg but the microwave really chuffs him.  Thank the Lord.  The kids and everyone said, seriously, you hate cooking?  I was adamant.  I couldn't look at the stove, my wall of spices. my drawer of chef knives.  The desire was gone.

But I knew I wasn't going to be a 61 year old lady who limped along here and there, and sat on the sidelines.  So I've been working my bum off to get both inner and outer drive and strength.  And on a good note, I'm cooking again...delving into Middle Eastern recipes which have always challenged and interested me.  So far, so good.

On the home front, we have been blessed in that we are all vaccinated and spending time together.  This has made up for all the pain and isolation of last year and the first part of this year.  Since I have severe asthma, I'm eligible for the Covid Booster shot, scheduled for next week.  I'm very grateful for that. 


 My daughter, Abigail, and her husband, Tom, are expecting their first child in December.  There is something so different about this for me.  She's my baby.  I've held her hand through every doctor's appointment and wisdom tooth surgery.  She hasn't so much said it, but if its possible to have more than one person in the room according to Covid protocol, I may be there for the special time. I can't imagine another experience such as this.

Abby and Tom bought a house about five blocks from us about two years ago.  Emily and Mike just bought a home five blocks in the other direction!  How good can it get?  To see them and my grandchildren so conveniently?  I'm so blessed.

The Husband has had a lot of health problems. I was beating around the bush in 2012 when he had cancer, as I felt it was his journey and not something I should share.  I believe in the power of prayer but please...don't leave me comments that overwhelm me, with all due respect -I need space. Tell me how you have coped, how you have faced life alone, how you've navigated these rough waters, and even email me if you want to "talk".  But please, no exclusive focus on this.  I'm taking it day by day.  Be patient with me.  

 I could write volumes about all that has gone on in my world since I last blogged.  No use trying to  backtrack.  Maybe snippets in another post.  Please bear with me if this sounds like a total downer.  We have our ups and downs, good times and bad, and life throws us a lot of curves.  And I say laughing, the color and font of this post are beyond my own workings! But who cares.  Let it go.


So...I'll be back soon.  The holiday season is coming up fast and it consumes me as an OCD person who can never let things be.  I'll never learn at this age, so let's just celebrate!!


Love and hugs and so grateful for your support-❤️


Jane


27 comments:

ann said...

So glad to read your post, Jane. I'm glad, too, that we are IG friends. I haven't posted on the Garden Spot since las spring and I really don't want to give it up either, but all seemed so repetitive. I like IG best. It's been such an odd year for all of us. The whole world, really, but we can only fight our own battles. I'm so glad that your back is healed. Fortunately, I don't have back issues-- just others. It's called aging, which I'm trying to do gracefully. Stay well. Keep walking. See over at the other place.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

So glad you are back, Jane. I will keep your family in my prayers. xx

Debra@CommonGround said...

So happy to see you post, Jane. I had a very invasive back surgery in early June and I'm STILL having problems walking. I envy your ability to get outside and walk the pup. I understand the no cooking thoughts. Food was not on my agenda and my husband kept us from starving! ha. I'm so happy that your family is now closeby and a new grandbaby arriving soon. Take care and have a beautiful fall season!

Helen said...

Dear Jane!!! How wonderful to see you again. Take care, keep on cooking, loving and living!!!!

My Grama's Soul said...

So Wonderful to see an old blogging friend again!

xo

Jo

Kim said...

Jane!! Always so good to see you pop up in my feed. Glad that your surgery is behind you and you're feeling better. I saw someone mention Instagram and can't believe I wasn't following you. I am now...and thinking of you my friend. xxoo

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So happy to see that you are blogging again, Jane, and recovered from your surgery and enjoying the things you like to do once again. It has been a strange year, and it sounds especially challenging for you, but glad to hear the kids are living close by and now a new little baby to look forward to. Middle Eastern cooking sounds like a great way to get back to it - hope you share some favorites. Enjoy this beautiful season and take care. xo K

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I was happy to see your post pop up in my email, Jane. Glad to hear that you have recovered from your surgery, and are cooking again! Congrats to your daughter on the baby coming! I can't think of a greater joy than having your children and grand kids living so close by. For me, too, it has been a year - make that a year and a half - of wonderful highs, and awful lows. Life is a roller coaster, that's for sure. Stay well,stay strong, Jane. Sending big hugs from NJ (don't worry, I'm vaccinated!).

Lynne said...

I loved seeing a post from you POPPING up in my email and Bloglovin too.
Happy you are here, up and about.

I had the NO COOKING syndrome as well . . .
“Me thinks” it is because it takes planning, fixing, preparing, serving, cleaning and more.
I went on strike . . .
It lifted a bit when I made a Cauliflower Soup the other day.
Soups do it for me . . .

Blogging for me was at an almost standstill.
BUT . . . I am still holding on.
Seriously . . . this new way, the creating, writing, spacing, adding pictures is sooooo tedious.
It “bites” at my creativity a bit!
Stop in though, you might enjoy my “I Can’t Hear You” post.
(Made me laugh anyway.)

Exciting news about your daughter, first baby . . .
I get it . . . I was there for my daughters first.
Something BEST about our love, friendship . . .
Really wonderful to be invited . . . to Miracle Watching . . .

I enjoy you Jane . . .
Good news about you being able to be up and about.
And clicking off all those steps . . .
You Go Girl!

Lorrie said...

Dear Jane,
It was lovely to see a post from you on my Feed this morning. Blogging mojo definitely comes and goes, as does cooking mojo. Middle Eastern cooking is interesting and I've been doing more of it. Our tenants are Persian and often share their cooking with us. I find it so delicious.

So glad to hear that you are regaining your physical strength. Hooray for all those steps!

I much prefer blogging to IG - all that scrolling - and the endless ads! And the reels and stories - I just don't get it. I post my little squares from time to time and that's it. But it's a way to stay in contact with some of my friends who used to blog.

Praying for daily grace for daily problems.
hugs,
Lorrie

Rita C at Panoply said...

You've got my support! The best news is tour girls so close to you and another grandbaby on the way! I have first now, and I'm in love, especially seeing she's a little wirey thing just like my daughter was. Happy your surgery is in the rear view, and you're on your journey of recovery! Take care.

Rita C at Panoply said...

*your girls

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you. Happy that your daughter is living near you as is your son. Congratulations on your daughter's pregnancy. God Bless.
Marilyn

It's me said...

Love love and more love from me ….🍀🙏🍀❤️🍀

Theresa said...

It's nice to see your sweet face here. I will pray for good days ahead, yummy dinners, long walks and WOW to have loved ones so close... I am jealous. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Maggie said...

Sending love.

Susan said...

Nice to hear from you and know you are okay. Having family only blocks away is truly wonderful and seeing grandchildren makes everything even better. I had to laugh when you mentioned you did not care to cook but are back in the game! The holidays are approaching fast and we will all be cooking big time...

handmade by amalia said...

I'm so glad that you're posting again, Jane. It is good to catch up, whether the news are good or bad, and now I can send you a big strong hug.
Amalia
xo

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you are back and posing again -- the good and bad. That's life. And to me, blogging and the blogs I enjoy most are about life. Not just styling a table or a bedroom or any one thing, but about all the things that make up life. And sometimes life gets messy. This I know -- I've been dealing with messy lately too, which is why I haven't replied to your lovely comment about a week or so ago! I can see lots of joy and good -- nearby family, a new grandchild on the way, and return to health for you after all the back issues. That's the good. The other, we take step by step.

(Don't ever hesitate to comment on a blog -- when you post, I know as I follow you!) Take care and onward this fall -- however it flies!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Happy to see you are back - find the best in every day, Day by Day. Lucky you to have your kids so close by!

cindy hattersley design said...

Hi Jane

I just read your recent post and realized I have missed this one. I knew you were having health struggles from the tidbits. I gained from Instagram etc. I have been thinking of you often. I am so glad to hear you are your old self again. On to the next struggle. You have certainly had your share. I must try your chicken recipe it sounds delicious. Enjoy those darling grandchildren and the one on the way!

Aleksi Taisiya said...

Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

It has been far too long since I stopped by for a visit. I'm happy to know that you feel like blogging again. Life has handed you more than you share of problems but it also sounds like some good things lie ahead. Lovely to have you back.

edssure said...


I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!! Thumbs up
Best Online appointment booking software in hyderabad

Aspeak said...

Thank you for such a great opportunity to write on here, I have been battling with herpes and diabetes all those while and that was the reason I have being around internet for awhile but I'm well and cured now by Dr Itua herbal medicine that I ordered through https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ and Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com a great herbal doctor, I'm so grateful to Dr Itua for his great herbal work. Dr Itua assure me that he can also cure all sort of disease with his herbal medicines like ALS,Herpes,Diabetes,Cancer,Arthritis and other diseases. I wish is anyone here sick wellness through Dr Itua herbal doctor.

Anonymous said...

كتالوج مواسير upvc يمكن استخدامها في أنظمة الصرف الصحي وتصريف المياه وتوزيع المياه الباردة والساخنة وغيرها من التطبيقات الصناعية والتجارية. يتضمن الكتالوج أمثلة واقعية عن استخدامات مواسير UPVC في مختلف الصناعات لمساعدة المستخدمين على فهم قدرتها على تلبية احتياجاتهم.

Anonymous said...

شركات بيع شدات معدنية تمثل جزءًا حيويًا من صناعة البناء والإنشاء في العالم. إنها توفر الهياكل المعدنية الضرورية لدعم العمال والمعدات على مواقع البناء والمشاريع الإنشائية. تُستخدم شدات المعدن للوصول إلى أماكن مرتفعة وصعبة الوصول وتوفير بيئة عمل آمنة.