Monday, July 8, 2019

AND SO IT GOES

Madelyn being Madelyn

I absolutely do not know where this post will go.  I can however, guarantee it will not be long, so unlike Blondie.  The upcoming destination wedding of my daughter is both joyful and stressful, I think those of you that have done this know exactly how this feels.  Then again, I'm highly neurotic and even stress out over my stress.  In one week, Tom and Abigail will be husband and wife.  They'll fly off to the Bahamas for their honeymoon and peace will prevail. :). I'll share pics.

Other exciting news, Emily and Mike are going to have the stork deliver another baby girl, a sister for Madelyn.  I am beyond excited, but not as much as Mad apparently in this photo.  And my son, Jeff, and his wife, are also expecting a month later.  Our family is growing and it makes me so, so happy.  




Swan Lake

I've been at the lake since the end of April and it's like a National Geographic show over here on my little bay.   The swans are here yearly with their little brood.  The big daddy has had several altercations with the geese families.  He naturally senses a threat to his family even though the geese are naturally nonthreatening. Swans can be very aggressive, and you don't want to be on a kayak or paddle board when the male is watching over his babes. He will charge you and flap his wings, some swans have a seven foot wingspan.  Thankfully they have sailed on.  We also have turtles, some the diameter of a trash can lid, sunning themselves on docks that have been almost submerged by our endless rain.  Ahhhh...nature.



Mayberry

 Of course, it's never perfect here by any means, and I have to deal with many issues with our house on a daily basis.  Our front porch, which looks so pretty here, has to be torn down as well as the balcony above.  It's an inevitable fact of lake life that harsh Michigan winters do a lot of damage to homes  I hope the renovation will start after the wedding and not have a lot of glitches.



Just lounging in the grass after a good roll on the beach

Layla is missing her big brother.  She sticks close to my side, and recently sat straight up in the kitchen while I prepared food for our holidays-- Memorial Day and the 4th of July.  I, of course, return that affection and attention that I'm so sad to say, I mostly only gave to Milo, especially in the last eighteen months.  I know she feels his absence.  And at this point in time, I can't talk about him.  I can't look at pictures or videos of him.  I just can't face that hurt yet...maybe I'm the odd man out, but I shut out pain.  I'm grieving in my own way, and really trying to face each day by looking forward.  I will write about him soon and perhaps his last few days.  I'm grateful those days were spent at the lake.




Total peacefulness 

And here is will you will find me on those best days ever.  Plowing through books and enjoying a glass of wine in those golden hours in the evening. Can I ask for anything more?

Well, have you seen a post this short from Blondie ever????!

After Abby and Tom's wedding I hope to get back into my love, writing my musings on life.  I hope you are all hanging in there with me.  

Happy July!

Jane x


33 comments:

Susie said...

Sweet Blondie girl, hugs to you. I have missed blogging and seeing my blog friends' posts. Oh your little family is growing bigger all the time. Maddie looks happy about it all. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

Of course I’ll be reading when able without commenting too much, but weddings and babies are big deals so I doubt that I’ll be able to keep my mouth shut. So glad that you have The Lake...a special place where you can relax and unwind.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Wishing you all a wonderful wedding, the new couple many many happy years together, and peace in your heart in the knowing that Milo had a wonderful life with you, the best kind a dog could hope for.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Busy, happy times coming up! I hope everything goes smoothly and you have wonderful things to blog about in future posts! -Jenn

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Congratulations on your family’s population explosion. That is wonderful, I am sure the wedding will be beautiful and you will breath easier when it is all over. Make sure, though, to enjoy every moment.

Mary said...

Dearest Jane, lovely lady, hoping all these changes in life regarding the growth of your family are bringing you happiness and block out the sad bits which are inevitable in the scheme of things. New babies will keep you hopping, and hopefully all goes well with the upcoming wedding - know that has kept you busy!
Any chance you and A will get to Asheville later in the year when things calm down? We really want to head that way if we can fit in a few days - it's been too long and the mountains are always calling.
Managing the summer heat here but don't like it at all!
Take care. Love from us both.

Melanie said...

I think once the wedding is over, you will be able to finally take a big, deep breath! Try to enjoy every minute of it though - soak in all the love and beauty of the day. And congratulations to you and your family on the news of more babies!

Debbie said...

Weddings, new babies, crazy swans and renovations! Yes, I think you'll need a quiet place after the wedding! Congratulations on the new baby, congrats to the bride and groom! I hope everything goes smoothly! Can't wait to hear your updates!

Debbie

Lorrie said...

There is a lot happening in your world just now. You need those evenings on the porch, reading and sipping wine, to relax and help get you through the busy times. Congratulations on all the wonderful life events occurring in the near future! Looking forward to reading more of your musings on life.

Jill said...

Love the picture of Madelyn! She looks so joyful :-) Sounds like you have a lot going on! Exciting time that your family is growing... your photos are lovely. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on the growing family! Best wishes for a wonderful wedding too!

Saimi said...

Gotta say, I'm beyond excited for your growing family. Family is everything and the more the merrier. Sorry about the loss of your sweet dog, I totally feel ya as I'm going through that exact thing as we speak. My Oskar of 14 1/2 years is rapidly declining but he's not letting himself leave yet and its breaking my heart. the only reason he's hanging on is he doesn't want to leave me. Try not to stress too much and enjoy all that is happening!! Congratulations to the soon to be newlyweds and the expectant mother.
Your life is full!!

Helen said...

Sweet and short ~~ I always love reading your posts! So much to look forward to, you are blessed.
Love,
Helen

Rita C at Panoply said...

Love hearing from you, Jane! Congratulations on your family expansion! And I am so like you when it comes to worry. I stress over my stress too. I think I need wine. Seriously.
XO
Rita

Linda said...

I’m so glad to get a little visit in! A short one is better than none! I must say, though, I absolutely love your usual lovely long chats! If I read them in the mornings, it’s always over a cup of coffee. If at night, I sip a glass of wine. Looking forward to hearing all about the wedding, the babies and anything and everything you want to talk about!

baili said...

your granddaughter is SUCH AN ADORABLE child ,her smile is delight :)

weddings are always great responsibility specially when it is of your child

water has healing energy and i bet you felt better

wishing new baby healthy arrival :)
wishing you best of luck for all the tasks you coping with my friend!

ann said...

I have been so lax in my blogging, so it's good to catch up. A baby girl on the way and a wedding surely must balance out the construction on the house. I have mentioned our trip around Lake Michigan--I totally understand now how the hard the environment must be on homes. Good luck. Want to hear all about the wedding next week.

Jeanie said...

Short, yes, but not too short! And filled with wonderful information and sharing. I'm at the lake house now too, and it's so good to finally be here, even though we've been working like dogs! It's always something on the lake.

Congratulations on your good baby news and best wishes for the wedding. It's a little easier with a son but still stressful. I'm glad you've been able to get some good time at the lake.

Kit said...

Good to see you! I stress too about events. I have a motto about them which my family thinks is a hoot. "I just want it to be over and to have been a success!" . ..lol I am sure the wedding will be wonderful no matter what. You take care of yourself and make some time for that reading. :) Kit

It's me said...

Oh Jane ...sweet Madelyn gering a sister ..so cute congratulations grandmom !!....enjoy the week love Ria 💚🍀

CJ said...

Lovely to see a post from you my friend, and hear that you are taking some time at the lake. It looks utterly blissful there. Double congratulations on the new babies. Two! How exciting. I hope the wedding goes well, I shall look forward to hearing from you again. Sending a cyber hug, and look after yourself. CJ xx

Carla from The River said...

Jane,
Sending prayers for the wedding. xx oo
I am so excited that your family continues to grow. xx oo
Prayers for you as you grief, and have all the stress of the wedding and house work too.
Lots of Love,
Carla

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

So much joy coming your way, Jane! Two babies and a wedding - Congratulations! Enjoy the wedding and all of the festivities!

handmade by amalia said...

Such exciting times! I hope you can relax and enjoy them to the full. Looking forward to the photos.
Amalia
xo

Theresa said...

Weddings and MORE babies, wonderful times❤️ Enjoy these peaceful days before those exciting ones. Hugs

Mereknits said...

I understand heavy hearts when it comes to missing your beautiful Milo. Hope the wedding is wonderful and that you can catch your breath after it all. Great news about the babies! That will be very helpful to heal all those sad thoughts and feelings.

Dewena said...

Oh dear Jane, I am still the same way about my darling Otis and Milo, can't look at their pictures without the hurt flooding back. So I know that terrible pain you have over losing your own beloved Milo.

But what a blessing to have these wonderful family milestones to look forward to, a wonderful wedding and then to be adding not one but two more grandchildren to your family! Congratulations to all in your family!

The swans? I would simply faint if I were to see them come to our pond. What a beautiful sight that must have been. You take care of yourself, Jane. You're a very important part of all the exciting things coming up soon.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Congratulations on a wedding and two new grandbabies! How wonderful. Enjoy a peaceful and stress-free time after the wedding, which I'm sure will be beautiful.

jmac said...

Been waiting to see you back. I lost my sophiejane..my best friend for 19 yrs, the day after you lost your Milo. Wondering if it has been as hard for you or is it just me who feels like love lost the best piece of my life??? It’s just so hard. I still sleep with her blanket..the one she loved and was wrapped in on our way to Vet to have her put down. I will never wash it. Ever.
I’m a basket case and hope time will help me heal.
I have a feeling you understand completely.
Sorry for sharing my misery.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How exciting Jane!! More babies, and a wedding too. I love that part of being a Mom best, those grand babies and an ever growing family. I know you are loving lake life....it sounds beyond beautiful and restful. xo Lidy

Terra said...

How exciting to have more grandbabies on the way and the wedding. Yet there is a sadness from missing Milo. Hugs to you.

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

Life his certainly had its highs and lows lately, I hope you have nothing but good times ahead.

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.