Monday, June 25, 2018

SUMMER PLEASURES & SOME GREAT LIGHT RECIPES




I'm having a hard time being disciplined in writing.  I'm good with visiting blogs, it used to be the other way around.  But now that I'm feeling better, moving around better, I am determined to get on track with my writing and taking pictures.

I didn't spend a lot of time gardening this spring, just a few pots here and there, most of my work was  focused in front of the city house.  As you might remember, we had a new porch put on, and some new landscaping and such.  I just added some pots of flowers to the porch and window boxes.  I'll get some snaps for my next post.  




I've had some good quality time at the lake here and there.  The two hour drive has never been fun for me,  but now I can load up the car, grab the hounds and go.  And I don't have to come home until I want to.  :))

I took some shots of the kitchen.  It really hasn't changed much in a year.  I've learned from having company that I need more mugs, and as much as I like to use my everyday dishes, even melamine, people are awkward about that and want to know where the paper plates are.  Personally I'd rather spend a few minutes washing up dishes than having bag after bag of trash.  But its no big deal.  

  

All of my everyday dishes are from Anthropology.  After the eighteen month wait to get back into my house after the flood, I splurged.  I chose 4 different sets so I could mix and match them.  The Ball jars have the metal lids;  I collected a lot from barn and yard sales in the country.  A buck or two will get you a large one.  Clearly they don't know the craze for them, along with old alarm clocks,  vintage kitchen scales, and and time worn linens. I always love a touch of whimsy in my rooms, here I have this joyous duck on the top shelf.  The unexpected always gets the most attention.  


The opposite side of the kitchen is done with rich, dark, cabinetry...just a bit distressed.  I really wanted that juxtaposition with the farmhouse style and reclaimed wood on the other side. The cabinets have lights inside on the top, I love how that looks at night when the kitchen is clean and 'closed'... cue me yelling years ago to my four grubs, "Get out of there.  Kitchen closed!"  In this cabinet I keep white dishes by Gibson, which used to be my everyday dishes a few years back.  There is an identical counter/cabinet are on the other side of the fridge.  That cabinet has a set of old china I picked up at an antique shop well over fifteen years ago.  And yeah, I'm saving them for when the Queen of England comes for a visit.  



Totally changing the subject, I was wondering if any of you Trader Joe fans have seen these spices.  Emily picked some up for $1.99 each, and I nearly fell over.  This is a great one.  I've actually used it on meats, in salads, and of course, on bagels.  I've been tossing out a lot of my spices little by little.  They have very little strength and aroma after 6 months.  I now know to get the smaller containers of turmeric, curry, and such.  How about pumpkin pie spice and poultry seasonings?  What a waste.  I've been in some cute culinary/cooking shops, a little on the trendy/expensive size, but I think it might be a good idea to buy some small packets of these rarely used spices.  Trader Joe may be the place to find replacements.  



On to some cooking.  I've mentioned many times that I like to clean out my fridge by making soups, stews, quiche, and stir fry to use up veggies before they go bad.  That said, I haven't been going to the grocery store much as A)  I can't lift and carry those bags into the house in multiple trips.  Its just something that makes my back pay for it later., at least for now.  B)  With going to the lake all the time without The Husband, he doesn't know the first thing about cooking so he just needs some frozen dinners, canned soup, English muffins, and Raisin Bran.  Even then, he usually orders food or picks it up from a fast food place.  

I stopped using packaged, frozen, and canned  food with preservatives a few years ago.   It wasn't a huge challenge because I've always loved fresh vegetables.  The challenge was always using them up before they spoiled.  So long story short, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been relying on these frozen goodies as I heal.  Surprisingly, Bird's Eye makes a mixed bag of vegetables with a (rather salty) packet of teriyaki sauce.  It's a 3 pound bag with two packets of sauce.  I made it according to the directions the first time.  The second time I sautéed some onions and chicken strips in sesame oil before adding in the bag of veggies.  Leave it to me to tamper with something meant for ease. Still, my love of cooking is lagging behind.


 I've also learned to love frozen peas and carrots.  I throw them in everything.  I made egg salad last week and heated up a small bag of them to add to the mix.  It was a really nice difference and added some crunch.  I served it over a bed of iceberg lettuce.  For the record, my salad includes chopped, boiled eggs, mayonnaise, a small amount of chopped shallot, celery, garlic and onion powder to taste.  NO salt, you'd be surprised how much mayo has.  



It took me a long time to try a fish taco but once I did I was sold.  I order them at restaurants whenever I see them, and if it's an outdoor dining place, it doesn't get any better than that.  I am also loving making them, and I usually serve them buffet style, which takes away a lot of extra work.   I had something similar these in San Diego a few years ago and I hope you give my recipe a shot.  I took the best ingredients and methods from a few good experiences.  Don't let the list of ingredients daunt you, nor the procedures.  At the end I give some tips on how to prepare part of it ahead of time.  As always, I stress that you line up all of your ingredients before you start anything!  If anything needs to be chopped up, get that done next.  Then get creating!!!


Blackened Fish Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Sauce


 This is a somewhat spicy dish, but the heat is mellowed out by the slaw and creamy avocado dressing.



1.5 lbs. tilapia or cod fillets

1 1/2 t smoked paprika
1 t garlic powder
1 t dried oregano
1 t onion powder
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t salt
1/2 t brown sugar
1/4 t cayenne pepper
2 T veggie oil
12 corn tortillas

***For the slaw:


1/2 red cabbage, sliced thin

1/4 green cabbage, sliced thin
1/2 medium sweet onion
1/2 c chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime

***For the avocado-cilantro sauce:

1/2 c sour cream

1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1/4 c cilantro
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
Salt to taste

In a small bowl mix together all of the spices and gently pat into both sides of the fish


Combine all of the avocado-cilantro sauce in a food processor or blender until well combined.


Prepare the cabbage slaw.


Use the veggie oil to lightly coat your grill or grill pan.  Cook the fillets over high but not direct heat, 4 minute per side.  This can also be done in a heavy skillet on your stove.  Remove the fish from the heat and if desired, warm the tortillas for 30 minutes on each side.


Gently break up the fish into large chunks.  Stack the tortillas in twos.  Distribute the fish evenly between the 6 sets of  tortillas and top with the slaw and sauce.  Serves 4-6


This recipe is not as busy as it sounds.  I make my sauce and slaw the day before and keep it refrigerated.  The spice mix can be made ahead, in fact, you might want to double or triple the ingredients as it makes a tasty seasoning for all types of fish and meats.


******





I've been doing sooooooo much reading while I recuperate.  Obviously I'm not trotting off to Barnes & Noble; so its a lot of Amazon searches, blogger recommendations, book reviews in the newspapers, and magazines, etc.  I walked into the book aisle at CVS last week and nearly died when I saw this book of short stories by Maeve Binchy.  Now, if you are a fan you know she passed away a while ago. I've caught up on a lot of her books I hadn't read over the years, and then sort of felt lost knowing there would be no more.  Well, here we have a book of her short stories complied by her husband, Gordon Snell.  Its copyrighted 2015, so maybe you've seen it.  I'm just three stories in, and oh, how I love short stories and meeting new characters and plots.  I have to admit though, I'm sorry when a story ends when I've become attached to the people.  I'm loving it.

I've been a little discouraged in buying books.  I no longer get books at the library.  Where I live, there is a waiting list a mile long for a new release.  I always look at the reviews of books on Amazon, but still,  after a purchase, there are times when I want to throw a book against a wall.  A recent paperback novel with a glowing review from the New York Times had a huge number of grammatical errors and mistakes.  I wondered who edited it, how it got published.  For example, the two main characters were at a cocktail party in one chapter.  The husband was drinking quite a bit before the wife suggested they go home.  Later in that chapter, there is a major happening and the husband sits down next to the wife on the sofa and, "...she looked at Justin and suspected he had been drinking."  Really????  Grrrrr...



******


I have a final appointment with my surgeon in 2 weeks.  Yay.  I am totally off prescription pain medication other than a muscle relaxant as needed.  I'm doing some upper body weight lifting; hand held weights, ten pounds each.  I'm also carrying and lifting as much as thirty pounds.  I can bend over and touch my toes.  Amazing considering I have 2, three inch clips screwed into my lower back.  I will say it was excruciating during the first two weeks, and the fog of the Norco made everything surreal and upsetting.  I don't want to look back.

Milo is having a lot of problems, mostly from his age as the cancer is still in remission.  He has lost a lot of strength in his hips and back legs.  Over a week ago he was falling at minimum, ten times day.  Sadly, I had to lift him back up as he simply slid on the wood floors and fruitlessly struggled to get up.  I constantly worry about him when I'm out.

My vet is always one step ahead of me.  In addition to a low dose of pain meds, he started him on an anti-inflammatory, and after about a week, he stopped falling.  Near the end of the day I can see him standing, and the back legs quivering, but its not changing his quality of life, and that's what I have to be cognizant of.  Fingers crossed, toes crossed and sending prayers to that big guy above.


*****

I have a busy week ahead here in the city: my eight week hair appointment, my annual dental check up and teeth cleaning, Layla's vaccinations at the vet, and the Garden Keepers doing some backyard weeding, trimming, and clean up... a pure luxury for as long as I'm healing.  Wondering how long I can stretch this out!!! ;-D  Then I'm off to the lake to prepare for our 4th of July bash.  Emily, Mike, and Madelyn will be up days before and they are a huge help.  And The Husband is actually taking time off work.  He works way too hard.  And his birthday is July 2, so we'll have a nice celebration up there.  He's there right now, at the lake.  He went yesterday morning to do some work and he sat back tonight with a few beers and thought better than to come home.  He'll be back bright and early tomorrow.

Okay, I'm off.  I actually have a lot more random stuff to share but I'll hold off.  You are probably sighing in relief!  Ha!

Jane

62 comments:

CJ said...

I'm glad things with your back are going well. It's all looking gorgeous in your home, and well done you for saying no to disposable paper plates, I wish more people would. I'm glad the anti-inflammatory is helping Milo, he is such a dear little chap, I know how much it hurts you to see him struggle. Look after yourself my friend, and take it as easy as you can. CJ xx

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I enjoyed reading this. You packed a lot into one post! I'm happy to hear your healing is coming along well. I hope Milo continues to do better as well. There is no shame in using frozen vegetables. "They" say they are better than canned in terms of nutrients and freshness. -Jenn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your kitchen at the lake. Glad you are healing!

It's me said...

What a lovely kitchen.....like the wooden shelfs...love love love Ria x 💜

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So glad your back is doing well now. I know it is still a recovery period, but hopefully the worst is over. I go in for my back surgery tomorrow. A bone graph, 2 rods and 4 screws and I am supposed to be good as new. I hope so.

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

So glad to hear you are doing well, Jane. Love those open shelves at your lake house! I haven't seen those short stories by Maeve Binchy but I will look for them now. Happy Summer!

Dewena said...

Jane, I love seeing other people's kitchens! You obviously have a knack for arranging open shelving attractively, not an easy thing to do, I've found. I love your mix of textures and of course the duck draws the eye--she looks so optimistic!

I always like your cooking advice and wrote down the TJ's seasoning as I saw it mentioned somewhere before and forgot to look for it. I've been trying to include carrots daily now but never thought they came frozen, which would be a good backup plan. We both love egg salad so will try that.

I'm definitely looking for A Few of the Girls! I was so sad to hear she's gone now, makes me want to reread them all.

Have a beautiful Fourth family celebration at the lake and you and Milo take care,
Dewena

Helen Philipps said...

Loved reading your post, I always feel it is like dipping into a book when I read here. Your recipes always inspire me too. Glad to hear your back is healing and things are getting easier. Glad too that Milo was helped by the vet. Our little dog has a torn ligament and has been having crate rest for weeks....By the way, thank you for the tips over on my blog about the best way of planting flowers in a vintage bucket...I will follow your suggestions for that. Good luck getting your July 4 celebrations ready...have fun at the lake. xox

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Love the kitchen! AND.. hearing how well you are doing!!... Have a wonderful week - and a Happy 4th and birthday celebration.

Thanks for the fish taco recipe - YUM!

Jeanie said...

Poor Milo. He's lucky to have someone who so looks out for him. And I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and off the pain meds, too! Yay -- those lake trips will be much easier now, just pack LIGHT bags!

We'll be north for the Fourth too. And I'm with you. I'd prefer to use the regular dishes most of the time, papers for quickie things like a sandwich on the beach or something. Most of the lake dishes are inexpensive (or have been there a LONG while!) but at home I go a little nuts on dishes for every season and all. If I'm getting papers, though, I'm getting the cutest paper plates I can find!

Happy Fourth!

Anonymous said...

Its always a treat when your new post comes up,, you sound like you're doing great and I'm so glad its over with so you can enjoy summer!!!

Debby said...

Take it slow, I know you are. Isn't it amazing how busy life gets. We are retired and always busy. Enjoy.

Cindy said...

Glad you're doing well,Jane. Love your blogs. Happy 4th!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It is good to read that you are improving. Your kitchen is lovely, but so are all the rooms that you have shown us. You have marvelous taste. That recipe sounds wonderful and being able to make some things ahead makes it doable for me.

Jill said...

Glad to hear your back is on the mend, that must be so painful to endure! Prayers for little Milo... they become such a big part of our lives. I'm not able to tolerate spices well, but my husband would enjoy that fish taco recipe I'm sure! Perhaps I'll jot it down and give it a try for him. Your home is coming together very nicely :-) Enjoy the rest of your afternoon!

Blessings,
Jill

Rita C at Panoply said...

Hi Jane! Happy to read a post from you and know that you're gaining a resumed sense of normalcy. Happy also to hear Milo is still hanging in there. The recipes look good, I may try that twist on egg salad. Enjoy the 4th and let the kids do most of the work! I love that kitchen and don't remember seeing all that shelf detail!

ANNA said...

http://anna-historias.blogspot.com/2018/06/jesus.html?m=1 Me ha gustado tu blog mas amenudo lo visitare.
Besos

Anonymous said...

Nice to see beautiful cups and plates in your kitchen. Love the teapot.
Yummy salad!

baili said...

Glad that you are feeling better my friend!
please keep taking lots of care of yourself as health is main source to create joy out of everything you do

felt sorry for milo and hope that he gets better through medications

Loved your kitchen and charming crockery ,it is always amazing to get back home after long time and finding everything saying well come to you :)

thank you for the delicious recipe!
how bad to publish a book with so many mistakes ,i hope it was the only one copy which carried such flaws
Hugs!
Happy birthday to your husbnd my friend!

Mereknits said...

So glad you are feeling stronger and are enjoying the summer. I am so sorry about Milo, I was in that frame of mind with Max for 18 months, constantly looking for him, listening to hear if he was having difficulty getting up. It was very hard. Sending you a hug.
Meredith

Scribbler said...

I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend and able to do so much. I am really impressed, actually, based upon what I have heard from others who have had similar surgeries.
Sounds like you have a smashing Fourth of July planned, and I hope you have a great summer.

Melanie said...

I love your lakehouse kitchen with the open shelving and the subway tile.

You know I'm a huge Trader Joe's fan...I love that seasoning you featured. I'll share one of my favorite things to do with it: take organic baby red potatoes (they have them there at TJ's), cube them up and toss with either olive oil or ghee (again, TJ's has that, too) and sprinkle on that seasoning. Then roast them until nice and crisp. OMG, the flavor with that seasoning is so delicious! Two of my other favorite TJ seasonings are their garlic salt in the container where you have to grind it - I use it on everything - and their 21 Seasoning Salute.

That's too bad that your library has such long waits on the books. I mainly use a neighboring library and they have a wonderful selection, including the best sellers and I've never had to wait more than a week for a book. Like you, I find mistakes in books all the time. I just finished one of Susan Branch's books and found about four spelling errors and a few grammatical errors, too. I was really disappointed about that, especially in her book. Who are these editors?!

Your back progress sounds amazing. I'm assuming you've started PT? I'm so sorry about Milo...it's so hard to see our older pets losing strength and mobility, as well as their other problems. I try to love on Zippo as much as I can, every day. I know my time with him it so limited.

I hope you have a great time with family at your lake house, celebrating your hubby's bday and the Fourth of July!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Okay Jane, here goes......Love the open shelving; I bought the Trader Joes bagel spice and always forget to use it. Love Maeve Binchy books and need to see if there are any I haven't read, otherwise the short story book looks intriguing. Glad to hear you are getting your strength back -- don't overdo it! So sorry about Milo, but it's encouraging that the pills are helping him. I always enjoy your posts - they are like reading a chapter in a good book! Happy 4th!

Bluebird49 said...

It's so good to see a post. So many are no longer blogging, and I get that. Life happens and social media has changed blogging a lot.
So good to know you're doing well, and Milo is hanging in there, bless him.
Hope you all are doing well.
xos, Trudy

Theresa said...

Love seeing what you are up to:) Happy to hear that you are on the mend, getting some good relaxing done at the lake house and loving on Milo! Enjoy your day dear friend, kick you feet up when you can! HUGS!

Angela said...

I'm so glad to hear that both you and Milo are doing better. And I understand your excitement about finding a new Maeve Binchy book. I have a few favorite authors that are taking a long time to write the next book and I wish they would hurry up! It's so sad when a favorite author dies and there are no new books to look forward to.
P.S. - Is there a way to subscribe to or follow your blog? I've looked all over this page and can't seem it.

Lorrie said...

I'm glad that you are doing so much better. Healing takes a long time (and longer as we age...) I know what you mean about wanting to throw a book against the wall. Sometimes reviews are so unreliable.
Your lake house kitchen is so attractive - love it. I was shocked that people would be uncomfortable about using real dishes in place of paper plates. I don't know anyone who uses paper plates at home, only on picnics. Things are different in different places!
Have a good start to summer and take lots of time to relax and read!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I have been using the Trader Joe's bagel topper for some time now - it is wonderful. So happy to hear you are feeling better - keep up the healing! Happy Summer ♥

Susie said...

Hi Blondie, I am still smiling about your "Four Grubs". LOL Poor Milo...glad the vet helped him out. Wow, you sound like you are doing very well healing, thank goodness. I liked the open shelves in the kitchen. I like old canning jars too. Please take very good care of yourself. You have to be first , to heal completely. Hugs for going to the dentist. I know how much you love going, just like me...NOT. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

La Table De Nana said...

Well it sounds like everything is coming up roses for you..at last..no more Rx apart from a muscle relaxant is a gift.
You earned it.

I did buy that TJ EBTB..I will get another next time we drive 3 hrs to get to a TJ..and 3 hrs back..or I will get in Fl next time..That too lasts forever for me.

I only buy art books..
How to's etc..or gifts..
or cute books I keep..from fave authors..and they involve painting or gardens..mostly both together;)
The rest I get on my online library..when I found it ..I leaped for joy inside me. It was at my hair streaking appt;)

A woman saw me reading my Kindle(I did just buy a book there..medical..)..and suggested the online library..Jacques and I are hooked.
Books weigh so much..take up too much room in our home and I feel guilty saying that.
A cookbook is still welcomed..to receive and to give..but it has to be GREAT.
Good for you and your dishes..some of our Fl friends favor restos that have paper plates and plastic cutlery.
Never in a million yrs for me.
Maeve..have loved so many of her books will have to check to see if I read this one..I forget books;)
I know I have many typos and missing letters..my keyboard..:(Is missing letters and I type w/ 2 fingers.
I truly believe..that you must be very compassionate.
Once you have been in pain hell..it makes you so much more aware..of everything around you.
That must be the silver lining;)

Kit said...

Oh so good to hear you are doing well and looking forward to a family celebration at the lake. I hope your weather is great! Take care, Kit

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I'm so glad you and Milo both are doing well. That spice sounds amazing and would be good on so many dishes. We don't have TJ's close by, but if we did, I'd be there weekly. Your kitchen is beautiful! Hope you enjoy the 4th of July!

pam said...

I'm so glad you are improving!

Sarah said...

Jane, good to see a post from you, though I'm late reading it. Busy time with little computer time, but I myself finally got another post up today. Love seeing your kitchen and hearing about your summer. I'd be at the lake round the clock! Good news on your improvement and glad Milo is getting some relief. I know that makes you feel better too. No to paper plates from me. I like cloth napkins too. I don't mind the washing!
Thanks for the headds up on the short stories. I'm going to find a copy. Love Maeve Binchy's writing!
Happy July and have a festive 4th!

Maggie said...

As I had a bit of free time this morning I decided to pop in and catch up with all that's going on with you,I always enjoy hearing about your daily life and who's been doing what and where.
Glad to know you're feeling so much better and that Milo, the little tyke, is keeping on keeping on, I know how much he means to you. Have a great time at the Lake House and a wonderful 4th July.
I'll be back again soon to hear all about that very special celebration.

The Crowned Goat said...

Jane, I'm so excited to hear you're making lots of progress following such an intensive surgery. I know your recovery has not been an easy one. I can just imagine you hanging out at the lake house taking care of sweet Milo and enjoying all the family celebrations you have planned this week. I know I've said this before but I love, love, love the shelves in your kitchen. They're always so warm and inviting! Sending you hugs and prayers for a happy week and continued healing, CoCo

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July! Have a wonderful time at The Lake House with your family:). I'll keep Milo in my prayers, I do understand. My little doggies was very happy to see me when I came home from visiting my family in California, in fact one's squished by my side:). Sadly Norco is what's keeping my mom's debilitating pain in check.
Keep on Journaling,
Kathleen in Az

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Glad to hear you and pooch are doing better- just don't overdue. I had to go get a folding wagon for getting groceries in from garage so I did not have multiple trips. Now I love using it for all kinds of chores! Hopefully some day once more I own't need it :D

Take care
z

Decor To Adore said...

Your sweet kitchen is a delight for the eyes!

Thank you so very much for your sweet comment. It truly made my day.

I hope you had a wonderful fourth of July and are enjoying this hot summer!

Laura

Andrea Nine said...

Yay for that back feeling better and Milo too! So much beauty, yumminess and fun in this post! I know you are just loving summer dear lady. We’ll be up at a friends lake home today on Klinger. Always gives my husband the itch! Your open shelves make me swoon! Always love your sweet posts!

Pallavi karthi said...

I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.
Journal Of Materials Science
International Journal Of Scientific Research
International Journal Of Current Research
International Journal Of Research
International Journal

Laurel Stephens said...

It sounds like you were feeling better in this post from late last month. Yay! I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July and are continuing to recover. My elderly Tucker's hips and back legs have also improved with lots of daily pain killers and biweekly shots of glucosamine - falling much less often. I hope you continue to enjoy your summer!

Stacey said...

Jane, I love the kitchen!! The open shelves are wonderful and I'm a little jealous about your pretty dishes.

About books - I get most of them at the library. Years ago I realized I wouldn't read a novel more than once so I stopped purchasing them. I love the library!

I hope you are feeling well friend.

Elaine said...

Glad you are feeling better. I am going to have to read some of your posts to catch up. I have been inattentive to my blog but just put a post up. It's only been 6 weeks!

I do love the kitchen and Anthro dishes are the best! Always so whimsical.

I dread it when my pets start to age, all we can do is keep watch for changes in them and keep them comfortable when the time comes. Yours have such a nice life.

Maeve Binchy short stories? I will have to look for that. Loved her books.

Hope you enjoyed the 4th.

bj said...

All your recipes look so good except for FISH tacos...I loooove tacos but don't do fish. My daughter loves fish tacos, tho.
Thanks so much for your visit...I haven't done well with blogging in this year since Bill has gone to his heavenly home...seems he took such a huge part of my heart, I am having a hard time in wanting to do anything outside the house.....

Linda said...

I am happy to be catching up with you this morning and only realized at the very end that this post was from the last part of June.
It’s wonderful that your back is healing nicely. Slow and steady as you continue to recover.
I really love reading about your days whether they are spent in the city or at the lake!

Farmhouse and Feathers said...

Hey Jane! Wow you have had a lot going on! I loved seeing your vignettes. So pretty! Love the duck especially. I agree with the Amazon book reviews not being very good. I've read a couple lately that I didn't even finish and they were supposed to be page turners... you never know what to believe. I am a huge fan of shrimp tacos! I love cilantro and the sauce sounds amazing. Your 8 week hair appointment got my attention because just yesterday I've decided to start making a standing appointment with my hairdresser. I get a cut that I like and then it morphs into something else and then I start to grow it and then I end up getting it ALL cut off... it's crazy. So... I'll get the cut I like and get it trimmed every 8 weeks... genius idea LOL~ Good to get caught up with you! I've just recently started back blogging. Mostly to have some accountability with my projects. We have so much going on with house projects that I thought if I blog them I'll actually maybe finish them... the details are always slow to get done.. sometimes years. Have a great weekend!

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

So happy to hear that your recovery is going so very well. It must be nice to take that ride to the lake without a lot of pain. Hope your 4th was great. Enjoy your summer.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is good to hear that your recovery is progressing and doing well. I love how you have so many things in your posts to comment on so I'll just comment on the reading part! :)

I have not sewn / quilted / appliqued or done a thing in regards to my sewing hobby but have been reading my heart out :) Several reasons but for the most part I think that reading is not as easy here in the winter and I am taking advantage of the natural light out on the front porch in the times that it is not too hot. I've gone back through the Mitford Series by Jan Karon and now the Jean Auel series....supplementing what books I didn't have via the library.

It was interesting to find that over the course of a few years, while i'd read the beginning of Jean Auel's books when I was younger, I'd picked up two at used book library sales and never touched them! Now I have :)

Pens said...

Why must you wait so long, one and a half to get the house really after the flood?

ann said...

Hi Jane. I always love visiting you. I have been pretty blog-lazy this summer. Just busy. I am so glad that your back surgery went well. I have friends who have had the same surgery and still they struggle. You should write a book. What would you write? A cookbook with stories. Poor Milo. I am so sorry.Our dear pets break our hearts and the wounds are as hard to heal as if we lost good friend. Well, that that's exactly what is. I think part of the problem with today's publishing is that people are self publishing. Amazon makes it so very easy and as an English major and teacher, I cannot tolerate bad writing. I grew up on the classics, so there. While Diane Gabladon (Outlander) spins a wonderful tale, has created memorable characters, has her story on STARS TV, her commas drove me crazy. I am I picky or what? Anyway. I appreciated you comment on bad writing. Have a fabulous weeks, and thanks for you kind thoughts about Boone.

Dale Morris said...

Microsoft Edge Customer Support
Mozilla firefox Customer Support Number
Microsoft Outlook Customer Service Number
Sbcglobal Email Support Phone Number

Norton Setup said...

Office setup website is one of the best websites. You might have though of many software platforms that give you access to the new and amazing tools for productivity at home and office.
www.office.com/setup

Max Russell said...

I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. I appreciate your sharing this best blog. Visit Here: Web Application Development Company USA.

Jaswal Gupta said...

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly believe this amazing site needs a lot more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the advice! https://kbcofficialwinner.com/kbc-head-office-number-mumbai-kbc-helpline/

Aiden Jangra said...

A Printer driver also known as print processor in a computer is a software that transforms the printing data into a format comprehensible to a printer. The work of printer drivers is to facilitate printing process by applications without any technical details known about each printer.
How to fix hp printer offline status with printer drivers.

Garmincom.express said...

You can always contact the Garmin Express highly trained customer support and enjoy a hassle free support.procedure to update the Garmin Connect Expresson different devices will be different mentioned hereunder are some of the simple steps to Garmin Express update on Windows.

Fubo.tv/Activate said...

Thank you for posting the quality & unique content for us, To activate Fubotv is added via Fubo.tv/Connect Enter Code then when people activate Fubo TV on their TV screens Then a new controls empower the users to clear any point in the video and catch for few moments into the past or future with a solitary snap.
Fubo.tv/Connect Enter Code

Unknown said...

Hulu is the best streaming services on the world that oblige the prerequisites of the excitement searchers. Hulu has premium streaming content as TV programs and live sports. people activate to get to Hulu app through Hulu.com/Activate. Hulu.com/Activate

Fubotv Activate said...

Before streaming the Fubotv, you need to activate it on Fubo.tv/Connect using an enter activation code that appears on the supported devices. Here are the steps that you should take to activate FuboTV.You can also enjoy our custom-built sport navigation services, which will help you search for what you want. It comes with a dedicated Cloud DVR to store your favorite movies, shows, and sports events. Fubo.tv/Activate

Fubo.tv/Activate-code said...

FuboTv has made easy interaction possible with the audiences. The reason why more viewers love it because they have easy accessibility available to their favorite entertainment shows.FuboTV enable the users to deliver live streaming smoothly and cost effectively from wide range of sources like from Macs to desktop computers to real-time linear broadband feeds. fubo.tv/connect
fubotv live streaming

Manisha Sharma said...

Great Article, it's good to see such informative content after a long time. We get great knowledge about the topic here. Thank you for sharing such knowledgeable content.
Contact us: guest posting