Sunday, April 23, 2017

SPRINGING: CURB APPEAL IDEAS & A FEW HEALTHY RECIPES


Hi everyone!  Well, if these aren't the most glorious days.  We've been hovering in the 60's with blue skies and very little rain.  My tulips and daffodils are popping up like crazy.  The dogs love when I head out with my camera to take pictures.  I'm so looking forward to having an active summer with them here in the backyard and at the lake.  Milo is really slowing down although he's physically doing super.  He's a bit on the deaf side but I can identify.  Sometimes he goes up and down the porch steps a little slowly so I think he really needs to strengthen up those hips and legs.  As for me,  oh yeah.

As I stroll around the Ponderosa, I see all of the projects and plantings I want to do this spring and summer, and of course, I see my problems.  I have Creeping Charlie spreading near my shed.  I researched it and all you can do is cut it out or make a small trench around it to keep it from getting out further.  I have the usual bare spots to seed and a lot of mulch to add to beds.  Strenuous work but the rewards all summer and fall are worth it.  I can't wait to get my patio all fluffed, and then out there with some Sun Tea and a stack of books.  Heaven.



One of my favorite houses in the neighborhood 

We have some major work to be done on the front of the  house.  Our concrete porch, sidewalk and driveway need to be replaced.  I have a mason coming tomorrow for a quote.  I'm going to have new sod put down...I just can't seem to revive my lawn after almost losing it to grubs a few years ago.  And I'm going to replace some shrubs and bushes.  I'm pretty ambitious but I also have my work cut out for me at the lake.  

I took Madelyn for a walk in her stroller last week and before I knew it we had been out and about for an hour and a half.  So much to look at and drink in.  She enjoyed the fresh air and I got some great ideas for the update on the house by looking close up at some of my favorites on the block and a few surrounding ones.  The house above has always been a favorite; we have the same light brick and blue shutters although mine are a bit brighter.  The landscaping here is much prettier when it's all in bloom and greened up.  The stone edge around the garden bed is perfect and we have a huge amount of these stone pavers at the lake from previous projects.  



While I'm giving you a little city tour you can see a bit more of why I love living here.  Most of the homes in our area were built in the 1940's.  If you go 10 blocks west you are going to see huge colonials built around the turn of the century.  So many younger couples buy their first home in the neighborhood or area where they grew up.  All of my kids did but for Abby, who is enjoying the upscale Northside life!  Additions to homes to accommodate growing families and/or open up cramped spaces is pretty common.  Curb appeal is very important here, it can make or break the sale of a home.  I've always enjoyed doing yard work.  Until my asthma became really bad and unpredictable, I always mowed the lawn myself and did all the trimming, edging, raking, etc.  Now I have a service that does just the weekly mowing...I do the rest and it keeps the cost down.  



While strolling with Miss Madelyn, I was also on a mission to look at the different sort of porches to choose from.  I really like this one, the soft curve of the sides and the way each step rounds out over the next.  I hope the estimate isn't crazy high.  

This will probably be the last time we do a big update on this house.  We've been here thirty-one years and at some point we have to see which of our three homes we want to settle down in.  I love Asheville, but I could never see myself living in a condo full time.  I simply love to be outdoors too much.  The lakehouse makes me beyond happy.  It can however, be a little too quiet during the week being secluded and away from the hustle and bustle of city life...that can get tiresome.  Still, there is a lot to offer to full time residents; The Yacht Club,  Gardening Club, The Kayak Ladies Group, and much more.  Our town and the surrounding ones have a lot of shops, antique markets and restaurants.  I definitely wouldn't become a hermit.  

And finally this house here.  It holds my heart.  I brought my babies home from the hospital here.  I've watched it change inside and out a thousand ways.  I can make my way from one room to another without turning on a single light.  So it finally comes down to what to hang on to.  The Husband will probably retire in about two years.  I'm proud that he had the foresight to make property investments, to me it was more of a 'good life' investment!



I've been playing with food a lot lately.  As soon as I start getting serious about dropping weight, I begin with buying the healthiest, freshest food I can find and then inspire myself to cook by finding ideas for far from boring meals and snacks.  

I fiddled with this quiche  that you see above because I was just getting tired of my usual glorified baked omelet with cheese and broccoli.  I wanted a good punch of flavor and vegetables that did more than add texture.  The key was cooking up a few veggies for just a minute to let the natural flavors come out before adding to the egg mixture.  Another overhaul was using small chunks of hard cheeses rather than the standard grated cheddar.  What an incredible difference it made.  You will like this for dinner with a salad and bread, and if you have leftovers, for breakfast.

Quiche with Roasted Red Peppers and Asparagus Tips


1 T butter
7 large eggs
3/4 c milk
1 c shopped shallots
1 c asparagus tips
3 green onions, chopped
1 c roasted red pepper (from the jar packed in olive oil)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 c of dry cheese such a Parmesan, Romano or pecorino, roughly chopped
A few pinches of dried seasonings such as thyme, tarragon or rosemary.
S&P to taste


Whisk together the eggs and milk.  Set aside.

Melt the butter in a large saucepan and saute the veggies on low for about 2 minutes.  Do not allow them to get limp.  Whisk them into the egg mixture along with the cheeses.  Stir in seasonings.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 30-40 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.  Serves 4.




 Emily is working from home since having Madelyn, and she is jumping on the planned meal bandwagon.  She's a lot like me; I was never really big on cooking until I had a family.  It evolved into a passion quickly as it opened up a creative side of myself that I didn't know existed.  I hope she continues to explore her talents.  She was raving recently about the way she had made Brussels sprouts the evening before for dinner.  I had about a half pound so I got the instructions from her.  They were outstanding.  The Husband isn't too keen on these "little green balls", but we were fighting over the last one.  Hope you try them!

Emily's Brussels Sprouts

1 lb. (more or less) Brussels sprouts, cleaned and bottoms trimmed off
2 T olive oil
1 c finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 t garlic powder
a pinch of red pepper flakes
S&P

Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and place in a bowl or zip lock bag with the remaining ingredients.  Mix (or shake) well.  Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with the seasonings.  Bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour, stirring once.  Remove from oven when lightly browned and soft in the center.  




I had to smile Saturday morning when I was catching up on reading blogs.  My longtime friend, Lidy Baars from French Garden House posted about a lovely sandwich she made and enjoyed in her flower garden.  The recipe followed and I sat up straight.  I had made something similar the evening before on a whim. 

 I've been hearing so much about avocado toast, people swear by the healthiness of the avocado as a spread instead of butter or jam, all that protein and good fat I guess.  I was intrigued but I wanted something more substantial.  Out to the kitchen I went and this is what I came up with using what I had on hand.  It was incredible.  You can make your own version using what you have or like, and I think it's a perfect for a delicious summertime lunch outdoors, perhaps with some homemade sweet potato fries or baked carrot chips.   Enjoy. And stop by Lidy's to see her version.

Jane's Toasted Avocado Sandwich

4 slices of good bread (whole wheat or thinly sliced French bread)
1 avocado, cut in half, peeled and pit removed
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of coarse sea salt
A few grinds of black pepper
1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 (more or less) English cucumber, thinly sliced
6 thin slices of mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese

Mash up the avocado in a small bowl with the seasonings.  Spread on two slices of the toast.  Layer the tomato, cucumber and cheese and top with remaining slices of toast.  Serves 2.

*********

I want to ask if one of you can check to see if my photos and recipes are Pinning okay.  When you hover over a pic, there should be the Pinterest icon.  It's not working for me so I need to fix that if any of you want to keep these recipes on your boards.   



Daddy & Maddy:  Warm weather grilling in the backyard


I hope you all have a wonderful week.  Our weather looks great so far.  Tomorrow I'm going to take Madelyn over to the university campus a few blocks away where everything is blooming and the duck are back at the pond.  It's so beautiful there, I'll definitely get some more pics of 'my big little city'!

I also want to tell you that you can find me HERE on Instagram.   I usually have a picture up every couple of days, I think you'll like it.


Jane xxx

49 comments:

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oh my gosh, Jane! I cracked up at the photo of Maddy and her daddy. The look on her face is priceless. She's sure eyeing that adult beverage. LOL So darn cute! I love avocados and have one most morning with my breakfast. 31 years in one home! Wow! I've never spent more than 10 years anywhere. I know that's pretty unusual (my situation, not yours), but that's just the way it's been. Love your neighborhood, but I'd have to opt for the lake as my permanent home. To be on water. . .to kayak. Nothing could be better here on earth. xo

Unknown said...

Jane, hi!
Sounds like you are busy as usual. There is no Pintrest Pin on your photos. :(

I'd choose the mountain home if I had your choices, even if it is a condo. That would probably cut down on a lot of work, plus I live in the mountains and can't imagine living anywhere else. I do enjoy our lake place, but I'm always ready to get back home. In fact we just got home around 4 this afternoon. By the time we stop for gas, stop with the doggie, and maybe have a meal, we end up being on the road for 7 hours. I do like the idea of maybe starting to stay a couple winter months down there. It's so much warmer, and my allergies strangely are better there.

Your recipes always look so good! Sweet babies you have, and I know you wouldn't spoil them! Have a wonderful week!

Sonia said...

Oh how pretty is your bulb border! I love daffodils and miss them already. They bloomed her last month. Your neighborhood homes are lovely! So many different facades instead of the cookie cutter look...love it! All those recipes look great. The quiche is making me hungry. Enjoy spring! Love the last photo! :)

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Jane, your flowers are beautiful, they really look so good in your yard,

Sounds like your feeling much better, I am so happy that you are. Now if I could just get some energy, but I'm just to darn old LOL

Your pictures and recipes come out really good.

i know that you will pick the perfect porch and landscape for your home. You have good decorating sense.

Enjoyed your post very much, so have a wonderful Spring week.

Hugs,
Mary

Vee said...

I do like your Instagram! No, the Pinterest feature is not working for me either. Pace yourself now, you have so many projects! It is a good sign that you are feeling so much better that you're ready to tackle them all at once.

Linda said...

How lovely to catch up with you in this cozy visit!
Loved every photo and read every word! I think it is so wonderful how you take your little Madelyn every week! You two are going to be so close as she grows up! That's the way we feel about the quads. Can you believe they will be 5 years old next month?? Time flies! I remember when you first announced you would be a grandmother! And now you are talking about your husband retiring. Life is such a whirl and it spins so fast!

Poppy said...

How cute that pic of Maddy and her daddy!!

I can completely understand your feeling to fiddle around with your go-to recipes lately. Every spring, I want to start cooking lighter, easier, more simpler stuff due to the warmer weather but also because it's diet time, again and with the upcoming summer heat comes pool attire - yikes!

We just planted our annual pretties for the season and I am hoping that they will all thrive and fill nicely. Colour and scent around the garden and front entrance is vital for me!

xx
Poppy

CJ said...

I love that house with the blue shutters as well, it's very pretty. All three of your homes sound delightful, the lake house must be lovely, I do like somewhere a bit rural with plenty of wildlife. And I love how attractive your home neighbourhood is as well, it must be a pleasure to walk around. I'm off into the kitchen in a minute to make a quiche with all of the asparagus I've brought back from the allotment. CJ xx

Deserae said...

Your flowers are so beautiful!!! All of the recipes sound so delicious, I will have to try a few. Maddy and her daddy look so cute too :o)
Have a great week!
~Des

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Jane... You are so lucky to have flowers blooming. It is slow going this year in Mass. Love the darling pic of your son and your beautiful granddaughter. Have a great week, and good luck with your construction process.

Theresa said...

Oh girl, I love walking along with you and Madelyn:) Hope you have a great day! Sending HUGS your way!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It is very hard to leave the home where one raised their children, however, many of my friends have chosen to follow their children to the places that they have moved. A house lived in holds many memories, but living close to those you made the memories with is more meaningful. You are fortunate to have these wonderful choices to spend your retirement years.

It's me said...

Have a Nice week ...love from me Ria x ❤️

Anonymous said...

We have been having some beautiful weather too and I have been working in the yard whenever I have a chance. We will probably sell our house in 5 to 10 years and it will be really hard leaving all of the memories. Maddy looks so sweet and I'm sure she is loving her walks with you!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I bet you are so happy that spring has sprung up there! You can always sell the condo in Asheville and buy a house there :-).

Deborah Montgomery said...

What a sweet little grandchild! It must be lovely to take her for walks in the spring sunshine. I also like to look and see what the neighbors are doing for ideas for my own front yard. We just did a refresh, with new dirt and mulch and removing lots of dead and overgrown bushes, especially in the back along the woods. Sure makes everything look neater. I'm not a gardener myself. I just want to be in a Jane Austen movie where I have a gardening staff and I can walk through my gardens with a lovely dress on and cut flowers for arrangements -- haha!! Because that's not happening I do container gardening on the deck!
I need to do some lighter cooking myself to fit into some dresses for weddings and showers. The avocado sandwich looks so yummy.
Hope you can decide which house to live in. They all sound like good choices. xo Deborah

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I hovered over your pics, but the Pinterest button didn't appear for me. Oh man, that avocado sandwich sounds so good! I love avocados. It's so much fun to stroll around your own neighborhood, isn't it? I also like to get ideas from the surrounding homes. I've found a lot of pretty flowering shrubs I didn't know about by doing just that. I know you really enjoy strolling around with your sweet babies. So much fun!

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

Oh she's so cute looking up at Daddy in that pic! :)

I did brussels sprouts just like that the other day! Yum.

Art and Sand said...

I love strolling through neighborhoods getting ideas.

It would be difficult to choose between the 3 houses. Can you just keep all 3 and travel between them?

Kim said...

I love walking through our neighborhood and peeking at what everyone has done. It really is fun to see. Your recipes look delicious. I need to make my own recipes healthier! :) Enjoy the weekend!

Unknown said...

Love the picture of your son and Maddy:). It's hard to leave your home since the kids live close by. The Lake House, how beautiful to live there full time and your condo too. A lot to think about, meanwhile enjoy your time with your wonderful family. I always smile when I see Spring flowers like tulips, crocuses and daffodils.
Have a beautiful Spring day,
Kathleen in Az

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the recipes you shared. We eat Brussel Sprouts often...my husband loves them...now I can try a new recipe instead of just steaming them! Enjoy your afternoon and nice walks. Hugs, Diane

Scribbler said...

This food looks great -- and inspiring. I am supposed to ignore all white starchy foods, so your ideas are great. I am trying to learn to do a little baking with "alternative" flours. Mixed results! I do see the pinterest button when I put the cursor on the photo.

From reading your blog and getting a sense of you over the years, I would think you might not be so happy a long way from your family. Ultimately, no one but you two can make that decision. Maybe the answer lies in something you have not considered yet, and it could be something wonderful. Keep dreaming!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Lovely homes in your area. So many homes built in the early part of the last century are so stately and solid. Definitely built to last.

Sounds like you'll have some decisions in a couple of years regarding where you're going to live. I forgot to mention we drove past where your condo is in Asheville. Nice location but I agree...a condo isn't for me full time either. Your lake community sounds just about perfect. Activities and conveniences nearby. If we had that we would stay put in our lake community for sure.

(I'm not seeing the Pin button either.)

Lynne said...

I could take that Little Maddie and kiss that
precious little face again and again and again.
Her little cheeks are just the best
and the picture with her daddy . . . priceless!

Loved your walk through your neighborhood
and your reflecting on home, changes, retiring,
memories and more . . .
Creating HOME is a treasure . . . and you certainly have created . . .

Thank you for the recipes . . .
I did not find the Pinterest buttons.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Jane,
I enjoyed taking the tour of your neighborhood. I loved what you wrote about your home. So very special, as always I can tell how important family is to you and home.

I love that last photo!

Have a great week my friend!
Carla

Rita C at Panoply said...

Your food looks terrific, Jane, and I think Maddie is lusting after the brewsky - so cute! I remember going through various neighborhoods when we were trying to decide on our landscape brick wall/gates, etc. Those kinds of decisions don't come easily for me. I labor over them endlessly. I hope you end up with a)a reliable contractor, b) a design you like, and c)great curb appeal afterward. I like your theorizing on how you want to play out living among your homes. I'm with you - condo living is just not for me yet. I need space outdoors to play in dirt. Mr. P. quit cutting our grass this year so I guess he's finished playing in dirt, other than piddling, pulling weeds. That's ok though, that's a full-time job, lol. For us, it's the wild violets.
I love seeing spring in the various regions, and never tire of it. Keep the photos coming!
Rita

podso said...

Maddie and her dad--what a great photo! The recipes look good. I enjoyed the photos of homes in your neighborhood. Maybe you should buy a fourth house for retirement. Would you want to be near family? A one-story would be good! You'll know when the time comes. Enjoy spring!

Maggie said...

Hi Jane,
so happy to hear that you're up and about checking the neighbours houses for ideas and showing Little Miss M what to look for.
How to choose which home to retire too? Mmmmm I'd pick the Lake House for myself, from what I've seen on your blog it has everything a girl could want and then some. I do understand though that leaving the city house would be a huge wrench. Does Mr Blondie have a preference?
a bientot.
Maggie

Maggie said...

Forgot to say that I couldn't find any Pinterest buttons either.

Susie said...

Blondie, Your yard is looking pretty. You are more chef, than just mom cooking. LOL. I always like to see what you have cooked up. I love your in town home...but lakehouse sounds so welcoming...till winter...that would be the rub for me. You would still be near your children. Love seeing your cute babies. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Stacey said...

Hi Jane! Love to see the photos of homes in your neighborhood. The look is so different from what we have here. Your neighborhood feels cozy to me.

The food you've been cooking looks amazing, of course. You're making me want to cook and I haven't done much of that since we've been in this rental.

Walking babies....oh I loved those days. ♥

Your pin button didn't work for me. It does show up but it says Pin Not Authorized...or something like that.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Jane, it sounds like you are feeling much better now and that is so good to hear! I loved seeing part of your neighborhood and hearing about your plans. I do think that you will be happier living close to your family, whichever place that would be.
The pinning button isn't working for me. I didn't see it at all.
Take care and have a nice week!
x Cheryl

Melanie said...

Your spring flowers look so pretty, all in bloom. Our entire yard is now taken over by Creeping Charlie. The problem is - even if you get it all dug out when it first starts - you have to find out where it's coming from in the first place. Ours started from our next-door neighbor. She has never cared about her house and yard. The Creeping Charlie crept over to our yard and just kept going. Impossible to keep under control. Now it's made it's way over to my neighbor's house on the other side! He can't keep it under control either. There is one chemical spray - can't remember the name of it - that supposedly kills it, but none of us (neither us or the neighbors) won't use chemical sprays.

Another similarity...we need our driveway, sidewalk and front concrete stoop torn out and replaced, too! However, right now we have other things that are higher priority...tree trimming, new windows, deck redone, and new furnace and AC. It's always something!

I had to smile at the house in your neighborhood that you said is your favorite. That's the exact kind of house (Georgian) my parents had in Skokie - the house that I lived in for a few years until I got married. They look nice, yes, but you wouldn't want the floor plan. The house is basically tall and narrow.

I didn't realize your hubby was due to retire in just two years. Brian still has 9 years to go. I also didn't realize you weren't going to hang on to all 3 houses. My vote is for the lake house. :-)

I'm going to make your quiche recipe tonight. Looks so good! I eat avocado toast quite often. So good - and healthy!

Could Maddy be any cuter?! How are your other grandkids; do you get to see them often?

Dewena said...

You must have fixed the Pinterest button situation because I see it.

I would love to walk around your beautiful neighborhood, especially pushing a stroller with a granddaughter in it! I would probably get the police called on me though because I'd be lingering and staring at them, taking notes and taking photos with a zoom lens. Your favorite is definitely mine too. I saw that a commenter said it was Georgian and am glad to know that. The squareness of it reminds me of the four square American farmhouse we have in the country here in TN but made of brick. I think one would feel so safe in that house.

Jane, I would think it would be terribly hard to leave your city house someday even though it might be a wise choice. So many memories, so convenient to everything. Of course Asheville is my favorite city of any I've ever been to but I sure can understand your love of the lake house.

Your avocado sandwich sounds delicious! I do open faced toast spread with avocado for breakfast, topped with scrambled eggs and bacon. But then I love avocados from appetizers to desserts!

You will enjoy your new landscaping and porch redo so much, I'm sure! Can't wait to see pics of that! So glad spring has definitely reached your city!

Dewena

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Jane- hey, thanks for taking us on your walk to see some of those pretty houses in your 'hood! Maddy is so stinking adorable - those cheeks, oh my gosh those cheeks! How do you not chew them completely up? ADORABLE!

Thanks for your recipes - yum - and so healthy- just yum yum yum!

Yep your pin is hovering over your pics perfectly.

Hugs. ♥

Lorrie said...

Hi Jane,
Walking around your beautiful neighbourhood with a darling little one is a lovely way to spend an hour or more. What a great photo with her Daddy!
Projects are underway here, too, there's always something on the go. We re-did the boat driveway last year and it looks so much better. I keep waiting for the weather to warm up a little so I can get out into the garden.
Your pin is working now.

MountainMama said...

My pinterest button disappeared on my blog also, I don't know what happened!!

What a nice way to spend the day, walking around a lovely neighborhood with a sweet little one!

Kathleen Grace said...

Your pinterest pins don't come up when I hover over the photos but I have a "pin it" link at the top of my explorer page so I can still pin easily. I have noticed my pinterest icons no longer show on my blog either and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. Your recipes sound great, it's about time for a quiche with all my fresh eggs and I plan to try yours. I love everything you put in it. I don't even put a crust on my quiche any more and I don't miss it. I love brussels sprouts too so thanks for that recipe! I am working like cray to get the yard and garden in shape. I always ask myself why I have made all these gardens to mulch and then I love them so much when they are in bloom I can't imagine not having them so off we go to weed and mulch!

Linda said...

Hi Jane....I am late again! You live in a lovely neighbourhood...homes with character!
I LOVE Brussel sprouts!
Madly gets cuter every time I see her....do you see your other grandchildren?
We are back and forth to the cottage....getting dizzy! Hahaha!
Hope you are well...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

baili said...

i am so glad that finally you got the home of your dreams ,for a woman it is most important thing to have home that she feel comfortable in and ,decorates it with the all beauty and peace of her soul.
lovely photos her,specially the baby with daddy!!!
food looks amazing!
it is great that spring is there to cheer you up and you tulips are treat to hear my friend

susan said...

Your quiche looks delish, Jane. And the roasted brussel sprouts are something I like making too. So good.
I checked you out on instagram and love all your photos. A great cross section of a life well lived.
Enjoy your week-end!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Jane, sounds like you have some great ideas for your home improvement. Loved taking a walk around the neighborhood, too. I love looking at people's homes - the hubs is always reminding me to be discreet because I am so nosy :) Not about the people.....it's the homes and gardens I am gawking at! Your bulb garden is so pretty and cheerful. Mine were waterlogged this year - I hope the bulbs didn't rot, but we'll see. Your quiche looks wonderful and the sandwich sounds great. My daughter loves avocado on her sandwiches, but I have yet to try it. I like your sandwich combo, so I think I'll start there! Your 'pin' button seems to be working fine for me. Little Maddie is such a doll-face! Glad you are able to get out for some walks with her. We are still waiting for some warmer weather here....getting impatient! Enjoy those wonderful spring days. xo Karen

La Table De Nana said...

Your neighbourhood looks charming..isn't it fun to LOVE where yu Live?
I am always so grateful!

I pinned your quiche and it pinned perfectly..maddy is so precious..enjoy all the walks..you see things differently walking a baby..I find you are on TOP of the world..I remember wlaking my gradsons..and I was quite peacockish:)

Your bulbs are abundant compared to mine..do u have squirrels?;)
Have a great week!

Decor To Adore said...

Love the Daddy and Maddy photo! Your neighborhood truly is charming. I can't wait to see what type of porch you create.
May your spring be filled with flowers.
Happy May Day!

deb said...

such a charming neighbourhood you have Jane!
we like all the same foods :-D hubby makes an amazing quiche much like yours with roasted red peppers and broccoli - we love Brussel sprouts & avocados on toast is a regular. Happy May Day friend xo

Helen Philipps said...

Loved the walk through your neighbourhood Jane.....I too love looking at houses and getting ideas for things to do. Lovely food too making me hungry! And you do take the sweetest baby pictures....the one of Maddy is just adorable. Enjoy your week and your lovely walks and spring flowers.
Helen xox

Jen Kershner said...

I love to walk around my neighborhood to get ideas for my house and garden too. We studied porches in the Village hard while we were opening ours up. It's a favorite pastime of mine! Loved the tour of your beautiful neighborhood!

Rue said...

How funny that we both posted about quiche and Lidy in a recent post! Isn't that weird?! lol

Whatever you choose for your front porch will be lovely. The houses in your neighborhood are so unusual and like nothing I've seen.

You sound so happy, my sweet friend and I'm glad :)

Oh and nope... no Pinterest thingy. Mine won't do it either and I can't figure out why.

Have a happy weekend!

xoxo,
rue