Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PET PARADE!!

Today is the big day of Design Gives Back Pet Parade Party hosted by Kelee at Katillac Shack. You know, awhile back I posted a picture of my Milo wearing a decorated scarf which earned $10.00 toward raising funds for displaced animals caused by housing foreclosures. What an incredible endeavor this turned out to be on behalf of all of the people involved with the Pet Parade. The $2,000.00 goal was reached when bloggers in 43 states decorated and submitted pic's of their favorite pet (including a ferret!!) to Kelee. Proceeds went to the Northland Pet Pantry. Each link to Kelee's blog will earn $3.00. In addition, all comments will earn $1.00.

Today you can go to Kelee's website and view a video, not only showcasing my little Milo, not even all of the other SWEETEST blogger's pets, but to hear the plight of these special, displaced pets and their families and to see the joyous response from the pantry to our donation. I am so proud to see Milo in this video...it was so well made. It made me honest to goodness have a BIG cry...the music alone is worth it. And when you see all these adorable pets wearing the yellow scarf, you will realize how special and fortunate our pets are and how other's aren't. The video is incredible...


Now that Milo is a rising star, I thought I would show all of you a picture of him back when he was just an 8 week old mutt!! Believe it or not, he turned 5 years old last week. I wish they were like elephants (not in size!!).


Enjoy the video and I will see you in time for Rhoda's party!!


xoxo
Jane

26 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Dearheart...

Ohhh...your Milo is just precious...and a real-live movie star too!!! Too cute, my friend! This is such a sweet cause...I'm heading over now to watch the video! Thank you so much for the information!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

blushing rose said...

Mile looks so cute ... wonder what he thinks about all of this.

Terry needs prayers & support @
terrytreasures.blogspot.com. Her hubby was in a terrible accident.

Have a lovely autumn week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Unknown said...

Oh, he's so cute. Great fun!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Jane! What a cutie! Milo looks so dashing sporting that yellow scarf! I missed out on all of this so I'm heading over to see what it's all about! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Julie Marie said...

How precious Milo is... and all of the other animals...I hope they all get wonderful homes... I love them all, and worry about each and every one of them... I wish they could all come live with me... Bisous... Julie Marie

Kat said...

Milo looks very dashing in his scarf! And I just love that picture of him as a pup, what a cutie pie. I'm headed over the watch the video now. I'm so honored to "know" a real movie star! Hugs, Kathy

Mumzie said...

Milo is so cute! Love the scarf. Mumzie :)

susan said...

Milo is a star!..and so cute! Wasn't the video good? I know this is going on all over the US. My daughter called to tell me there is a shih tzu at the pound...I need help to keep from calling...:)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Janie,
Milo is so darn cute and looks so dapper is his bright yellow scarf! What a great cause, I will go check the video and look for your star! Hugs, Cindy

Lori E said...

Job well done. And Milo, well! Are you ready for the paparazzi to come calling? I hope he keeps his head on straight. I know Lindsay Lohan is fond of the canine stars.

Susie Q said...

Your Milo is, and has always been, just a gorgeous boy! Thank you for taking part in this fun event sweetie!! Kip and I are celebrating at our place too! What a wonderful cause and what fun too!
Love,
Sue

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Great post, always enjoy my visits, Happy fall ! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

xinex said...

Oh, Milo is such a cutie, Janie! What a great thing Kelee is doing. I wish her a lot of luck. Hope she raises a lot of money for the poor animals...Christine

Barbara Jacksier said...

Milo looks very chic. Belgium is proud to be in such good company.

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Jane!

I LOVE Milo's baby pic!!!! So adorable....

Hope you enjoy the video ....

Thank-you SO much for your participation....

We love you.....

Kelee & Oliver

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Janie,
I would love to meet up in the Windy City for some Christmas Shopping! That's a great idea! I'll e-mail you. When I was little and living in Peoria we always went to Chicago at Christmas Time for our shopping. I remember going to Macy's and sitting on Santa's lap. I still have the pic. I am excited! Hugs, Cindy

April said...

Milo is definitely a STAR through and through!

Unknown said...

Milo is adorable!! And I love his name, it suits him so well :)
Hugs,
Amy

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Awww, what a cute puppy!!! He looks like he's going to be huge!

Knitty said...

Is Milo signing autographs yet? He looks dashing.
The video made me cry and smile too.

Deb said...

Oh Milo ... you look so adorable in your scarf ♥ Lovely post Jane xo

SmilingSally said...

I love your Milo's sweet face.

Maryrose said...

Hi Janie,
Darling picture of little Milo and grown up Milo. He certainly knows how to dress. How nice to be involved with a great cause.
Have a wonderful day.
Maryrose

Melissa Miller said...

~Ah! Jane, Milo is simply precious!
I'll go and check out his video too.

We could be walking partners for sure if we were closer! How fun would that be! It's always more enjoyable to walk with someone else and talk. I hope you are doing well my friend. Thanks for your sweet words today.

~Happy Fall~ Melissa :)

Ashley ~ said...

Just popping in to say hello and to thank you again for your sweet comments and support*! You're the best.....oh, and Milo is pretty adorable too. (smile) _Ashley*

Anonymous said...

He's adorable! And what a great cause to support :)